Do I need to bring ID to my visit?

Yes, all adults need to bring photographic ID and a recent official letter with your address on it. You may be given up to 3 weeks to get photographic ID if this is your first ever visit. The Croft has a subsidised Citizen Card ID application form which they can send to you or you can pick up at the prison. Children aged under 16 need to be accompanied by and adult but they do not need to bring their own ID.

The prison accepts the following for photographic ID:

  • Valid Passport
  • Photographic Driving Licence
  • Citizen/Validate UK Card
  • Senior Citizens Bus Pass

The prison accepts the following for proof of address provided it is less than 3 months old:

  • Utility bill
  • Council tax bill
  • Bank statement
  • Other letter from official source